Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's That Time Again... Weigh in

I missed my normal weigh in this week, but I weighed myself and I lost 2 pounds.  I have to admit, I felt a sense of relief.  I was so frustrated last week when I gained so much.  I'm relieved that my return to my normal eating habits was rewarded.

My weight gain after my birthday got me thinking about the holiday season.  While I am Wiccan, I am in a multi-faith relationship, so I celebrate all of the Wiccan sabbats along with more mainstream holidays.  My favorite part about the holidays is the food and family gathering around the table to be together.  I've never been on any sort of diet, for a lack of a better term, so eating during the holidays has never been a concern for me.  This year may take some work and careful planning though.

Fortunately, the holidays are not at my apartment as it is too small to have a large crowd over and I do not have a kitchen table, but rather an eat in bar in the kitchen.  Because of this I don't have to stress over having left overs or pies and desserts in my house.

Unfortunately, both my parents and my boyfriend's parents are divorced.  This is not a big deal when it comes to Thanksgiving, as we just go to one place.  But it certainly does make Christmas a challenge, because this means that instead of just 2 Christmases, for us, there are 4.  Christmas seems to be a marathon.  This is not to say that we do not enjoy seeing both sides of each others' families; it's quite the opposite, it's just that it means 4 large Christmas meals.

I think what it comes down to is being mindful of what I am eating and portion control.  There is no need to take large portions or overeat.  I think it will be important to listen to my body and when it says enough is enough, it truly means enough.  I will need to remember that just like every other day, one more bite is not a good idea when my stomach says it's full.  I think if I can do this and not get lost in the moment of the holidays, then it does not have to be catastrophic as it possibly could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment