Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Fall Funk

I realized I had a lot to say for a while and but lately I haven't written anything at all.  I've hit a fall funk.  I enjoy all of the seasons for various reasons, but over time I've noticed I'm kinda like a tree.  I wake up in the spring, I'm in full swing in the summer, in the fall I start to wind down and prepare for the coming winter (this winding down tends to create a funk every year), and in the winter I hibernate.

I'm starting to feel stagnant.  I went through a lot of spiritual and emotional growth over the spring and summer and I feel like it's slowing down now.  It's not for a lack of work, I'm still putting the work in, but I feel like my growth is coming to a screeching halt.  Maybe this fits into my tree metaphor.  I don't know.  I feel like I'm holding my breath and waiting to see what will happen or maybe I'm just waiting for something more.  I'm not even sure what it is that I'm looking for or waiting for.

I haven't bothered weighing in this week.  Not because I'm losing steam on losing weight and getting healthy, but because we need to go grocery shopping.  My work schedule recently changed, so my boyfriend and I only have one day off together now.  By the time I found out that it changed, last week, we weren't able to make time to go grocery shopping.  I always find that right before we go grocery shopping, I don't eat well.  I eat whatever is in the house or go out and grab food more than I should.  I already know I haven't been eating well, so I'm going to bother with the disappointment of a weigh in.

It's been a rough and disappointing week overall.  I know part of that is that I went into it with a sense of dread and it just continued to snowball from there.  I'm going to resolve to ignore the noise around me and just do my own thing.

2 comments:

  1. And that is what I suggest. Take this time to look within. Do some inventory ... see what's working and what isn't. I am certain there are things you can work on while you are in hibernation.

    Much love to you, sweet Willow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think this does need to be a time of inventory. I just feel so blah lately and need to get out of my funk.

      Delete